by Capcom Resident Evil 4 The remake brings back an entertaining diversion from the original game: the shooting range. Here Leon can practice firing a heavy arsenal of guns Resident Evil 4 (without worrying about ammo, which is endless here), and where players can earn charms for their attaché case.
Charms in Resident Evil 4 grant special perks, such as health boosts when consuming items and ammo crafting bonuses that grant extra bullets or use less gunpowder. For that reason alone, you shouldn’t miss the remake’s new and improved shooting ranges, which are scattered throughout the game.
Resident Evil 4Leon’s shooting range tasks with precise targeting at a series of pirate-themed targets. Players are scored for their performance, and rewarded with silver and gold tokens, which they can trade in a token machine to get random charms. In other words, the better your score, the more tokens you will earn.
Resident Evil 4 remake shooting gallery locations
The first shooting range is located in the village area, during Chapter 3 of Resident Evil 4. After you go through the quarry and find the merchant’s hideout, you’ll find an elevator that will take Leon down to the shooting range. (On the game map, look for an icon that looks like a pair of crossed rifles, in case you missed one.)
The shooting range elevator entrances look like this, and are always close to Merchant
Photo: Capcom via Polygon
Players will also find more shooting galleries (which add new challenges) in the Castle area in the Grand Hall (around Chapter 9) and in the Island area next to the Cargo Depot (around Chapter 14). Each shooting gallery is located near a merchant and typewriter save station, usually where players do a lot of backtracking.
Shooting galleries are part puzzle, part aiming test. Players will need to shoot a series of wooden targets painted like swashbuckling pirates, prisoners, and animals — while also avoiding shooting cleancut sailors, which will deduct points from your score .
Resident Evil 4 remake shooting gallery scores
- Captain (400 points) — One-eyed pirates wield swords and sometimes spin, making them harder to hit.
- prisoner (200 points) — These bound, fed pirates are the easiest targets to hit, even though some are hidden inside wooden barrels. You can headshot the pirates covered by the barrel, or shoot the barrel a few times to open it, and reveal the prisoner.
- sailor (-500 points) — Don’t shoot these guys. Doing so will rob you of points and high scores.
- Skull medal (300 points) — Some targets have skull medals attached to them. Get the skulls first.
- Dogs (100 points) — These are smaller, fast moving targets.
- Parrots (300 points) — These are usually far away, making them hard to hit.
- Hanging Pirates (200 points) — These guys are hanging from the ceiling, an annoying distraction.
- dynamite — Some pirates will appear with a stick of dynamite held high. Shoot the dynamite itself to clear the room of visible targets.
- Treasure chests (100 points) — Successfully shooting all the targets in a gallery will unlock a bonus round full of treasure chests to shoot. Getting to this stage of each shooting gallery is important for the best S-rank scores, and for getting gold tokens.
Resident Evil 4 remake shooting gallery weapons
Each shooting gallery challenge has its own weapon or set of weapons to use. The challenge is knowing when to equip (and, importantly, when to reload) each weapon for maximum efficiency. Players also need to be mindful of which guns have penetrating power, both to rack up multikills and to avoid hitting unintended targets.
Here’s how the shooting gallery sections are divided:
- SR M1903 rifle
- SG-09 R gun
- TMP submachine gun
- Riot Gun shotgun
- Punisher gun
- Riot Gun shotgun
- Blacktail gun
- Stingray rifle
- Striker shotgun
- TMP submachine gun
Resident Evil 4 remake shooting gallery rewards
Each subsection of the shooting gallery minigame rewards players with silver and gold tokens. The rewards themselves are tied to reaching certain scores or completing objectives perfectly, but the goodies players can get for spending their tokens in the vending machine are randomly generated.