South Korea-based game developer NPIXEL released the gameplay reveal trailer and new screenshots for the Chrono Odyssey, its Unreal Engine 5-powered MMORPG, also announced that it will be available or PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam. The previously announced iOS and Android versions seem to have been abandoned. The release date has not been announced.
“It is with our deep passion and appreciation that we release our trailer today,” said Chrono Odyssey producer Samuel Seo in a press release. “Chrono Odyssey is an ambitious project created by passionate developers and avid gamers who understand the power of immersive gaming experiences.”
Chrono Odyssey Technical director Ken Kang added, “We believe that MMORPGs serve as gateways to unforgettable experiences and memories, formed through shared adventures and challenges.”
The trailer showcases the game’s “living and dynamic world,” which introduces new weather and environments each season, as well as its “innovative” gameplay mechanics that allow players to manipulate time. to “redefine” the battle and the surrounding environment. It was acquired by composer Cris Velasco, whose previous works include Blood, Fortnite, God of Warand Resident Evil.
“Our ultimate goal is with Chrono Odyssey is to ignite the passion of gamers and engage them in a truly unforgettable gaming experience—one that will last a lifetime,” said Chrono Odyssey art director Tei Yoon.
Here’s an overview of the game, by the way official website:
Build your own path.
Setera is a land full of unexplored regions, with rewards and treasures yet unknown. Let your courage take you to new regions as you face formidable foes. With your newfound control over spacetime and the alliances you’ve formed on your travels, you can still conquer the lands you’ve discovered. There is no way in this chance-filled world born of the chaos of warping spacetime. Welcome to Setera. The adventure is for you.
At first glance, Setera may appear as a peaceful, beautiful land full of nature. However, the Setera are now also the frontlines of the war against the Void, which has been going on since the beginning of time. This land is full of dangers and chaos caused by warped time and space and conflicting timelines. These same dangers provide countless mysteries and opportunities that are not provided in any other world. Discover the secrets behind Setera’s timeline and find a way to save everyone—including yourself.
- The Guardians – The Guardians are made up of larger beings who oversee all the Setera and those who follow them. They differ greatly in appearance and behavior because they are not original to this world. “The Great Ones” called them after each of their own worlds was destroyed by the Void. Because of their pasts, they view the contaminated World Movers as a grave threat. For them, the World Movers are unwelcome guests as well as enemies to be eliminated.
- The Void – The Void is a realization of nothingness and the cruel abyss. No one understands anything about the Void, except their ultimate goal: the complete destruction of all worlds. The powerful members of the Void are essentially immortal and have unfathomable strength. The only reason Setera was able to stand up and fight them was because the Setera themselves also denied the existence of the Void, limiting their powers. However, the Void is growing in number and strength. You are the world’s last hope.
- The Broken – The Broken are World Movers whose bodies have succumbed to their Void contamination. Void contamination is extremely unstable when absorbed into the body, causing seizures and impairment of body functions. Once the contamination reaches this point, the internal flow of energy within the body is completely disrupted, making the contaminated neither dead nor alive. The Broken completely lose their sense of self and blindly attack any living thing in an attempt to restore the energy they have lost.
- The Outcasts – The Outcasts are an armed band of ostracized World Movers. All of them were expelled due to conflicts between factions or completely immoral acts, then came together based on their hatred of the other World Movers. Being human makes it easier for them to lie, disguise themselves, and target and scam World Movers. The danger they pose is completely different from your other enemies.
- The World Movers – The World Movers survived the destruction of the Void on their home world and escaped Setera. All were blessed with extraordinary strength or luck that enabled them to overcome many challenges and powerful opponents. They split into three separate factions. The ultimate goal of each faction is the survival and prosperity of the World Movers, and as such they will work together towards this common goal. However, there is an intense competition between them for influence, rights, and their own interests in promoting these goals.
Chronotector, An Artifact That Can Manipulate Spacetime
The Chronotector is a powerful artifact said to have been created by a mysterious ancient civilization known only as “The Great Ones.” It holds the power to warp and manipulate space-time at the will of the wielder. Although it has lost much of its original power, it can still twist time and space to create effects that even the most powerful magic in the world cannot replace.
Watch the gameplay reveal trailer below. Check out the screenshots in the gallery.